TF2: Far Detector Reconstruction/Physics
The far detector physics task force is charged to:
• develop a full far detector simulation and reconstruction chain;
• produce detector optimization studies, for example, 3mm vs 5mm wire pitch, wire angle and the efficiency of the light readout system for different configurations;
• produce a first update the DUNE long-baseline physics sensitivity studies using full simulation and event reconstruction;
• develop the simulation and reconstruction for SNB and nucleon decay physics;
• produce a first report on their findings, which will be presented to the collaboration at the Summer 2016 collaboration meeting and a final report by December 2016.
It is intended that these studies will, in general, take into account both reference and alternate FD designs.