CERN Neutrino Cluster
DAQ to Cold Electronics interface
Meeting - https://indico.fnal.gov/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=12619
10:00 - 10:45 ProtoDUNE-SP status
10:00 RCE 5'
progressing - orders are in, may take some processing time
10:05 FELIX 5'
10:10 artDAQ 5'
need to set up a meeting between us and Kurt/artdaq team
need to discuss test centres, networking, and run control
10:15 Timing 5'
progress/discussions between RCE, SSP, FELIX
10:20 Trigger & Backpressure 5'
meetings between beam instrumentation and timing
need to define trigger
candidates UPenn (penn trig board) and Lariat (Mike Kodorsky) Lariat
10:25 Run Control 5'
10:30 Online Monitoring 5'
- want to remain involved but don't have much manpower
- need new people in general
10:35 Integration/Installation 5'
10:40 Interfaces 5'
- Front-End + WIB
- Slow Control
CERN will do this - not part of DAQ
- Configuration Management + Databases
- Jon Paley will head up this
- Will work with Nektarios and co.
- Online Computing
- Need to write a document for Marzio to specify need for
Nektarios as system manager
- Maxim, Amir, Brett also in contact
- Nektarios will buy/has bought some disks and network cards
- Beam Instrumentation
- see above
- meeting 26th 4pm CET
10:45 - 11:00 Testing Centres
- see minutes from previous meeting
- management considering reducing testing centres from 3 to 2 (i.e. no
- General outcome is that the DAQ group overall favours keeping the
FNAL testing centre. It'll be the only full slice in 2016 and can
test the WIB at full data rate. Plan to re-use (but not upgrade)
35t setup and send some PCs to UK. UK will test new developments.
10:45 UK 5'
10:50 FNAL 5'
10:55 CERN 5'
General Comments/Action Items
- Karol to find out where dedicated testing areas at CERN will be
and when we can move into them and requirements in terms
of power, safety, radiation zone etc.
- Doodle poll for ProtoDUNE commissioning meeting -
- Check cable requirements at CERN (some materials are banned).
- Geoff and Linda to investigate setup requirements at F0.
- Contact Physics groups for Monitoring effort