Information and Schedule:
The Junior Researcher Workshop is open to graduate students and postdocs and will be held on May 21-22 prior to the main conference. This portion of the meeting consists of students and postdoc research, as well as professional development workshops.
- Overview talks (25 mins+5 mins, Nuclear theory, Nuclear experiment, Theoretical Astrophysics, Observational Astrophysics)
- Contributed talks (12mins +3 mins)
- Scientific Writing (Mark Caprio, UND)
- Grant Writing (Sarah Nerenberg and Yvonne Chang, Proposal Development Consultant for Higher Education, Environmental Non-profits and Local Governments)
- "Publishing in the AAS journals (as an author)" (Francis Timmes, ASU)
- Speaking Skills (Vinicius Placco, UND)
- Academic career panel: Anna Frebel (MIT), Zach Meisel (Ohio), Matthew Redshaw (CMU), Anna Simon (UND)
- Non-academic career panel: Raman Pfaff (an NSCL alumnus, and founder of ExploreLearning), Qian Li (an ND alumna, and an Actuarial Analyst at Windhaven Insurance )
- Outreach activities (Micha Kilburn, JINA-CEE outreach director, UND)
Location: Same Venue as the main conference
Accommodations: please see the accommodations page on the main website.
The final program for the Junior Researcher Wokshop is here (one-page version). Please note that Junior Researchers Workshop Day 1 starts at 8:45am on May 21.