- Review the state of the art in present Slow Extraction performance in terms of beam loss and spill quality
- Gauge the present state and future potential of SX performance with theoretical limitations
- Review the design performance parameters in view of the experimental requirements
- Propose and discuss new methods, technology improvements and ideas for Slow Extraction
- Identify new future challenges for further increasing the beam power with SX, and the key research directions needed to mitigate them.
- Review collaboration progress and identify new research interests where the focused effort of multiple institutions would gain a significant progress. Build a way for new collaborations between the labs.
- Discuss issues and effective techniques of machine protection.
- Promote education and institutional knowledge retention in SX techniques.
- Follow up from WS#1 and WS#2, look out for WS#4