We continue to review all events currently planned for the next sixty days and organizers will be notified if their event must be canceled, postponed, or held remotely. Please, check back on Indico during this time for updates regarding your meeting specifics.
As DOE O 142.3A, Unclassified Foreign Visits and Assignments Program (FVA) applies not only to physical access to DOE sites, technologies, and equipment, but also information, all remote events hosted by Fermilab must comply with FVA requirements. This includes participant registration and agenda review. Please contact Melissa Ormond, FVA Manager, with any questions.

----

ZOOM meetings Lab policy: You absolutely must not post Zoom meeting IDs on any public website unless you set a password to protect the meeting/event. Of course, do not post the password on any public website, either.
For details please refer to the news article https://news.fnal.gov/2020/05/security-guidelines-for-zoom-meetings-2/ Zoom information should be either given on email request or stored on a SharePoint page behind SSO".
Do NOT post the zoom information in the field 'Venue/Location' since it will show in the weekly Calendar even if the event is protected!

----

Indico search will be reestablished in the next version upgrade of the software: https://getindico.io/roadmap/


   

This search is only for public events. Restricted events are not available.

 

Near Detector Software Workshop

US/Central
https://fnal.zoom.us/j/371567350 (Fermilab)

https://fnal.zoom.us/j/371567350

Fermilab

All sessions will be in the Oscillatorium - Wilson Hall 13th Fl North West
Alan Bross (Fermilab), Mathew Muether (Whichita State)
Description
The goal of this workshop is to review the status of the near detector software and plan for the next steps focusing on integration.
Participants
  • Alan Bross
  • Andrew Norman
  • Animesh Chatterjee
  • Chris Marshall
  • Daniel Ruterbories
  • Davide Sgalaberna
  • Eldwan Brianne
  • Guang Yang
  • hirohisa tanaka
  • Kenneth Herner
  • Marc Paterno
  • Mateus Fernandes Carneiro
  • Mathew Muether
  • Robert Hatcher
  • Thomas Junk
    • 8:30 AM 9:45 AM
      ND Software Overview

      This session will for on the general status of the ND SW systems and goals for integration moving forward.

      • 8:30 AM
        Goals and Plans 15m
        Speaker: Mathew Muether (Whichita State)
        Slides

        Notes from ND Software Integration Workshop:

        https://indico.fnal.gov/event/21249/other-view?view=standard

         

        To Do items for integration: in bold

         

        NEED TO SEND DOODLE FOR BI-WEEKLY MEETING

         

         

        Kazu - ArgonCube SW status

        • Wire Simulation in Progress
          • New Branch will be developed
          • 3d handling needs development in LArSofl
        • Merging of track stage likely need new effort.

         

        Tom - MPD

        • Working to develop more realistic field response in sim
        • Additional effort could be used to focus on low momentum “curler” reconstruction

         

        Guang - 3DST

        • Need to make sure central values used for flux study are DUNE Standards.
        • There was some discuss about whether or not 3DST needs to be part of the unified simulation.
          • Seems important to understand pileup.

         

        Chris Marshal - LBL

         

        • For TDR (1 year)
          • Need full ND sim reco
          • End-to-end PRISM
          • Reconstruction capable of assessing realistic systematics

         

        Animesh - BSM

         

        • This group needs MC Generators and to move to a reco based assessment by TDR.

         

        ND Physics (Tips more Minerva)

        • Need framework to handle/store systematics from multiverse and standard setups.
        • Make sure we plan early to integrate reco between detectors.

         

        GEOMETRY

        • We need a GDML merger with Overlap checker
          • Each detector needs a well defined volume to develop,
          • Contact Hans and Adam (g-2) for advice/recommendations.
          • Coordinate system
            • This need to be well define and common across groups. (Watch for “magic” directions)
            • Need a Hall geometry.
          • Setup a Umbrella repository
            • Move to git to use tools for distributing large files?
          • Versioning?
            • Distinct naming convention.
            • Geometry stored in Data File?

         

         

        Other considerations for Unified Simulation/Framework

         

        • Event display
        • Framework comments
          • Should be robust, last into the 2020s
        • Computing- What’s are expected data volume:
          • Need to report in August at computing workshop.
        • Generators
          • Genie
          • Other neutrino interaction generators (Neut, NuWro, etc)
            • Extracting data to refill stripped GENIE event records is likely the path forward.
          • Cosmics, Rock event
            • Generate to detector boundaries and save in genie event record for overlays.
        • Reconstruction
          • Make sure everyone is doing something compatible with ART.     
      • 8:45 AM
        ArgonCube SW status 15m
        Speaker: Dr Kazuhiro Terao (SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory)
        Slides
      • 9:00 AM
        MPD SW status 15m
        Speaker: Dr Thomas Junk (Fermilab)
        Slides
      • 9:15 AM
        3DST-S SW status 15m
        Speaker: Guang Yang
        Slides
      • 9:30 AM
        Discussion 15m
    • 9:45 AM 11:30 AM
      Break and ND Meeting 1h 45m
    • 11:30 AM 1:00 PM
      Physics Group Overviews

      Summary of needs of the ND SW from the DUNE physics groups.

      • 11:30 AM
        LBL 20m
        Speaker: Dr Chris Marshall (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory)
        Slides
      • 11:50 AM
        BSM 20m
        Speaker: Dr Animesh Chatterjee (University of Texas at Arlington)
        Slides
      • 12:10 PM
        Cross Sections 20m
        Speaker: Dr Daniel Ruterbories (University of Rochester)
        Slides
      • 12:30 PM
        Discussion 30m
    • 1:00 PM 2:10 PM
      Lunch 1h 10m
    • 2:10 PM 3:40 PM
      ND Particle Tracking and Joint Geometry

      We will discuss the current status of the ND detector geometries and particle tracking and how to begin merger.

      • 2:10 PM
        LAR 20m
      • 2:30 PM
        MPD 20m
        Speaker: Eldwan Brianne (DESY)
        Slides
      • 2:50 PM
        3DST 20m
        Speaker: Dr Davide Sgalaberna (CERN)
      • 3:10 PM
        Discussion 30m
    • 3:40 PM 4:00 PM
      Break 2 20m
    • 4:00 PM 5:30 PM
      Additional ND SW Topics / Discussion

      Discuss of other issues related to ND SW integration.

      • 4:00 PM
        Event Generation 20m
      • 4:20 PM
        Detector Response 20m
      • 4:40 PM
        Reconstruction 20m
      • 5:00 PM
        Discussion/Wrap-up 30m