Early-career scientists and non-scientists can register and submit abstracts for the virtual poster session here. Since the session will be virtual, we are hoping to be able to accept all submitted abstracts, but they will still be reviewed and selected by members of the Users Executive Committee (UEC) and Fermilab Student & Postdoc Association (FSPA). The deadline for abstract submission is August 1st.
- Your poster should be A0 size and landscape (horizontal) orientation.
- The font size should be large enough so as to be readable when the entire poster is scaled to fit a laptop screen.
- Graphs and other images should be high resolution.
- Please request a CONF, POSTER, and/or SLIDES report number from Fermilab's preprint numbering system http://lss.fnal.gov/cgi-bin/getnumber.pl. This is a DOE/FRA contractual requirement.
- Please upload your poster PDF to Indico using the functionality to add presentation materials to your abstract, once accepted. We will provide more detailed instructions on how to do this in your abstract acceptance email.
- A review panel will judge the posters by looking at the uploaded PDF before-hand and then asking questions during the virtual poster session.
- Contestants must be able to explain the content of the poster. The judging panel will include non-scientists from Fermilab so you should be prepared to explain elements of your poster to a broad audience.
- At least one poster presenter should be available to stand next to your poster during the poster session (currently scheduled for the last session (~12 pm CDT) on Monday, August 10th).
- The virtual poster session will be on Monday, August 10th from ~12 pm to 1:15 pm. We intend to open the virtual rooms on the hubs platform on Tuesday morning and they will remain open for the rest of the Users Meeting.
- Awards are given to the best three posters, where FSPA sponsors the prizes.
- Additional detailed information regarding the poster session will follow after the abstracts selection.