(John Adams Institute), Sergei Nagaitsev
(FNAL), Vladimir Shiltsev
The Integrable Optics Test Accelerator (IOTA) is a a proof-of-principle experiment for demonstration of a new concept of nonlinear integrable accelerator lattice. FY12 is going to be the 1st year of significant funding support of the experiment and before committing to the spending, FNAL Accelerator Physics Center (APC) is organizing a one day mini-review of the experiment. The review committee will be chaired by Prof A,Seryi of John Adams Institute (UK).
All aspects of the experiment will be presented at the review, including:
1) theoretical foundations of the IOTA method
2) numerical computer simulation of the beam stability in IOTA
3) overall design and plan of the experiment
4) technical preparedness of the design of key components of IOTA
5) schedule of implementation, cost and resources
6) plan of beam studies and experiments beyond Phase I
Particular focus will be on items 3 and 4 (magnets, vacuum, RF, injection, diagnostics, power supplies, mechanical support and alignment, beam dump, safety, controls and overall integration).
At the end , a short summary report and recommendation (or no recommendation)to move ahead with major IOTA purchases in FY12 is anticipated.