1. Planning for the New Year
- Reza: See slides on new observations with Tianlai Dish Array. In particular, 1) observations at several declinations away from the NCP to create rectangular maps, overlapping with bright calibrators; 2) NCP observations with daily (or more often) repointings to bright sources
- Peter: See slides: This year we could 1) finish WIYN/Hydra catalog & paper; 2) simulate stacking analysis for TDA to compare with cross-correlation analysis; 3) begin low-z observations of NCP or mid-latitude; 4) Analyze existing NCP data from TDA with foreground avoidance scheme (similar to MeerKAT).
- Discussed recent MeerKAT paper. Cross-correlation of different nights is a nice trick we should try. Albert could make a 2-D power spectrum similar to their's with hi-k analysis fairly easily.
- Fengquan - will talk with Xuelei and others at NAOC about making an observing plan for the new year, especially for the dish array.
- Yougang - 2 new dishes are coming this year to Tianlai. Each will be 10-12 m, probably located at the remote sites being developed for the cylinder outriggers. Will add some long baslines.
- Jixia - hasn't been to the site at all this last year. (Furen busy with FRB work.) Some repairs may be needed. There are plans to go in about a month.
2. Tianlai Collaboration Meeting and 21 cm Cosmology Workshop - could be in China? - postpone discussion to next week
3. X-match of catalogs - Olivier - postpone to next week
4. Other topics - Greg's teaching schedule will make it hard to join these calls this spring. May be able to join for a few mins at the start. Unfortunately, his schedule is orthogonal to Peter's so other days don't work.