- Boris Kayser Kayser (Fermilab)
- Patrick Huber (Virginia Tech)
- Andre de Gouvea (Northwestern University)
- Adam Bernstein (LLNL)
- Yuri Gershtein (Rutgers University)
- Kate Scholberg (Duke University)
- Sam Zeller (FNAL)
- There are no conveners in this block
Kate Scholberg (Duke University)
4/25/13, 10:45 AM
Sudeep Das (ANL)
4/25/13, 10:50 AM
Bill Marciano (BNL), Prof. Francis Halzen (University of Wisconsin), Prof. Jonathan Rosner (University of Chicago), Ken Lande (U. of Pennsylvania), Robert PLUNKETT (Fermilab), Ryan Patterson (Caltech), Stephen Parke (Fermilab), William Louis (LANL)
4/25/13, 11:20 AM
- What are the most important neutrino physics goals? - How well do we need to know the standard neutrino sector parameters? - What is the relative importance of testing the 3-flavor paradigm and exploring anomalies? - How do we frame a convincing and accurate narrative regarding the importance of the PMNS phase for understanding the lepton/baryon asymmetry of the Universe?
Dr Christopher Mauger (LANL), Jennifer Raaf (Fermilab), Prof. Mark Messier (Indiana University), Dr Regina Rameika (Fermilab), Robert Svoboda (UC Davis), Prof. Robert Wilson (Colorado State University)
4/25/13, 2:00 PM
- How will LBNE test the 3-flavor paradigm in the context of a long-term program? What are other alternatives? - How important is breadth of program? - What aspect of LBNE does the community most value? Underground, near detector, more target mass?
Prof. Baha Balantekin (University of Wisconsin), Dr Harry Lee (Argonne National Lab), Prof. Hugh Gallagher (Tufts University), Prof. Jonathan Link Link (Virginia Tech), Jorge G. Morfin (Fermilab), K.S. Babu (Oklahoma State University), Prof. Patrick Huber (Virginia Tech)
4/25/13, 4:00 PM
- What is the role of neutrino theory? - What are the most pressing questions for neutrino theory today? - What should be the size of the neutrino community? - If we need to grow the neutrino theory community, how can we do it?
Andreas Piepke (U. of Alabama), Bob McKeown (William & Mary), Doug Cowen (Penn State), Dr Jonghee Yoo (Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory), Michael Ramsey-Musolf (U. of Wisconsin), Reyco Henning (University of North Carolina), Dr Robert Roser (Fermilab)
4/26/13, 8:30 AM
- How do we communicate the importance of neutrino physics to the other Frontiers? - How do we ensure that "stovepiping" of funding within/between Frontiers doesn't limit opportunities for science? - How can we mitigate "stovepiping" within/between HEP and NP (DOE and NSF) that can limit opportunities for science? - How can we exploit opportunities at the interfaces between the...
Dick Lanza (MIT), Ed Blucher (University of Chicago), Glenn Horton-Smith (KSU), Herman White (FNAL), Josh Klein (University of Pennsylvania), Prof. Karl van Bibber (UC Berkeley), Dr Zelimir Djurcic (Argonne National Laboratory)
4/26/13, 9:30 AM
- How do we communicate the importance of fundamental and applied neutrino physics to Congress and the public? - What synergies exist between fundamental neutrino physics and proposed applications of neutrinos in other fields? - How can the community best take advantage of these synergies? - What training is useful for scientists to facilitate these synergies? - What technologies -...
Prof. Alan Bross (Fermilab), Mrs Amy Connolly (OSU), Mrs Giorgio Gratta (Stanford University), Janet Conrad (MIT), Prof. Joseph Formaggio Formaggio (MIT), Prof. Kevin McFarland (University of Rochester), Pieter Mumm (NIST), Dr Steve Brice (FNAL)
4/26/13, 11:00 AM
- Do we need a robust program of experiments at different scales? - What are the opportunities for smaller projects? - How can we ensure that new ideas can find fertile ground? - What should be the strategy beyond the next decade?
Francesca Di Lodovico (Queen Mary, University of London), Dr Hélio da Motta (CBPF), Prof. Kenneth Long (Imperial College London), Prof. Masashi Yokoyama (University of Tokyo), Maury Goodman (Argonne), Nigel Smith (SNOLAB), Dr Shekhar Mishra (Fermilab), Steve Kettell (BNL), Tord Ekelof (Uppsala U.), Prof. Yeongduk Kim (Sejong University), Young-Kee Kim (FNAL)
4/26/13, 2:00 PM
- What are the opportunities for international participation in U.S. neutrino experiments? - What are the opportunities for U.S. participation in neutrino physics experiments abroad? - How can we optimize the global program?
4/26/13, 4:00 PM