Some frequently asked information:
- What are some common ways to get from Lambert-St. Louis International Airport to the Parkway Hotel?
- You could take a cab--approximate cost is around $35 to $40 USD per way.
- You could take MetroLink, the region's light rail system--approximate cost $2 USD per way; this would bring you directly from the airport to within a couple of blocks from the Parkway Hotel.
- you'll need to hold all of your luggage with you; no problem if you have just one suitcase and one carry-on.
- You could also rent a car or other transportation. See the airport's ground transportation page for more information. Driving from the airport to the Parkway Hotel is relatively straightforward. It is about 14 miles away although some ongoing construction projects along I-170 may slow you down.
- Are there any nearby restaurants?
- Yes, there are many restaurants within walking distance of the Parkway Hotel and the meeting room at the Eric P. Newman Education Center (EPNEC).
- There are maybe a dozen within just a couple of blocks but many more just beyond that. Just take a walk north on Euclid for a block or two and you cannot miss them all along the way. Here are some examples.
- Do I need a rental car?
- Well, of course that depends on what you will want to do. In general, however, you could get your basic transportation to/from the meeting, lodging (at the Parkway Hotel) and restaurants without a car.
- For example, if you wanted to see more of the city, one could get a weekly pass on our MetroLink light rail system for about $19 USD (or a daily pass for about $4.50 USD or other options) and that connects to the airport, brings you right next to the meeting location (EPNEC) and the Parkway Hotel and the dozens of restaurants within walking distance. It will also bring you right next to the Arch, the riverfront, shopping (e.g., Union Station), sporting events, etc.
- The above being said, there are all kinds of additional things to see around St. Louis that are not quite within walking distance of the MetroLink stops. Most can be reached by bus, of course, but depending on how many you want to visit, you may want a car--so it is your call.
- What is the weather typically like in November in St. Louis?
- Visitors guides:
- see conference Lodging page ("Lodging" link in menu to left)