There are lots of places to stay in and around Fermilab. Some of the options are listed below:
- You can apply to stay in the on-site housing in Fermilab Village http://bss.fnal.gov/accommodations/index.html
- You could stay in one of the local hotels. Please see the list here for details and rates. Remember to ask for the Fermilab rate! http://bss.fnal.gov/travel/lodging.pdf
- This is a map of the local hotels http://www-ppd.fnal.gov/conf-w/HotelMap.pdf
There is no public transport to the laboratory, and so it is necessary to take a taxi or rent a car from the airport. Please see more details here: http://www.fnal.gov/pub/visiting/transportation/index.html Some options for transport are listed below:
- For taxi from the airport: West Suburban Travelers Limo http://www.westsublimo.com/
- For renting a car at the airport, there are all the usual options. One is Ace rent-a-car (1-800-243-3443 or 847-297-3350) http://www.acerentacar.com/
You will need a valid photo id and to tell the security officer the reason for your visit.
Visiting Fermilab: http://www.fnal.gov/pub/visiting/hours/
Site Access: http://www.fnal.gov/pub/about/communication/currentstatus.html
Site Access FAQs: http://www.fnal.gov/pub/news05/siteaccess_qa.html
Renting a Car at Fermilab
You can also rent a car at Fermilab from Pilot's Leasing.
- Please see this page for more details http://wdrs.fnal.gov/users/links.html
- See this document for rates http://wdrs.fnal.gov/users/rental_car_rate_schedule.pdf
There are two train stations nearby for public transport into the city http://wdrs.fnal.gov/users/business.html