The OSG Storage Forum will be held at the University of Chicago's Computation Institute on September 21st and 22nd, 2010. We are planning to talk about scalability, performance and tuning of the storage technologies adopted by Tier 2 and Tier 3 sites. We will also discuss storage requirements specifically for analysis jobs. Storage software developers and expert storage administrators will be invited to share the tips on how to improve stability and scalability of deployed storage systems. We would like to encourage OSG storage administrators and representatives of various Virtual Organizations to share their experience and discuss common problems.
Check the Lodging page to make your hotel reservation.
Fill the doodle poll if you are planning to go to group dinner on 9/21/2010 .
Restaurant : Quartino
Click here for the map to the restaurant.
Remote attendees can join via Adobe Connect:
- day 1 (9/21): http://osg.acrobat.com/storage10day1/
- day 2 (9/22): http://osg.acrobat.com/storage10day2/
Or via phone (ReadyTalk): 1-866-740-1260 Code: 8349885#
Recordings of the OSG Storage Forums are available in Adobe Connect format and as flash video. Adobe Connect format is streamed and in indexed also by event. Flash video can be downloaded and watched offline with any player (e.g. VLC). Both have the same content. Recordings are generally of good quality (few exceptions noted). Remote presenters result generally louder than the local ones:
- day 1 (9/21) morning: http://osg.acrobat.com/p81845903/ and day1-am flash video(audio of the first presentation "BeStMan2" is poor. "Xrootd" was presented before "dCache")
- day 1 (9/21) afternoon: http://osg.acrobat.com/p81613477/ and day1-pm flash video (the first -ExTENCI- and the "Storage bottlenecks:..." presentations are available to download but not shown correctly in the recordings)
- day 2 (9/22) all day: http://osg.acrobat.com/p10854862/ and the flash videos day2-am flash video and day2-pm flash video (In the Tier 3 session "IllinoisHEP" presentation became part of "ATLAS Tier 3..." presentation)
Flash video recordings can be downloaded also from the video material section below.
Please fill this brief survey. It will help OSG to improve future meetings. Thank you.