12-17 December 2016
Asia/Shanghai timezone
12 - 17 December 2016, Asia/Shanghai
The winter school will be held at the Shanghai Jiao Tong University



Shanghai Jiao Tong University


Shanghai Jiao Tong University

Shanghai Jiao Tong University Campus Main Gate

The workshop location is 1954 Huashan Road, which is close to two metra stations:
 
1. Line 1, Xujiahui (Exit #12 or #13)
2. Line 10, Jiaotong University (Exit #2)


Campus Map


Quick Facts about Shanghai:

Enormous Shanghai, on China’s central coast, is the country's biggest city and a global financial hub. Its heart is the Bund, a famed waterfront promenade lined with colonial-era buildings. Across the Huangpu River rises Pudong’s futuristic skyline, including 632m Shanghai Tower and the Oriental Pearl TV Tower, with distinctive pink spheres. Sprawling Yuyuan Garden has traditional pavilions, towers and ponds.... More details


Information Regarding the Surroundings of Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Xujiahui Area)

Click here for a pdf of useful information for your visit including:
 

  • Apps to install
  • Packing tips
  • Electronics/adapters
  • VPN/internet access
  • Transportation tips
  • Currency
  • Tourist awareness
  • Local dining
  • Things to do
  • Night life
     
Click here for the map of the area near the Xu Hui campus
Click here for the map of the Metro Lines

Travel Info to Shanghai and the campus: 
Shanghai Transportation

Shanghai has two international airports. Pudong International Airport handles 60% of flights, while the remaining 40% use Hongqiao International Airport. As one of the main Chinese airline hubs, the city has opened connections with nearly two hundred cities, half domestic ones and half international and regional ones. Direct flights provide the city with connections to dozens of international air terminals such as Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Fukuoka, Osaka, Tokyo, Bangkok, Brussels, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, London, Moscow, Rome as well as regional links with Hong Kong and Macau. Domestic flights link the city with Beijing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Xian, Xiamen, Hangzhou, Chengdu, Chongqing, Shenyang and others.

Click here for more information. (Including how to get to downtown)

 

From Pudong International Airport to Shanghai Jiao Tong University

Click here for the map
 

From Hongqiao International Airport to Shanghai Jiao Tong University

Click here for the map

More info on local transportation (taxi, bus, metro, ..)