All contributions are due Wednesday, 27 June 2012
Posters: 6 pages + 1 for references
20-30 minute talks: 10 pages + 1 for references
50-60 minute talks: 15 pages + 2 for references
Download Author Package:
Download the gzipped tarball, CLAFF12.tar.gz from CLAFF12 to obtain the templates, style files, instructions, guidelines and examples. You can also download individual files if you wish.
The package contains:
1) aspauthor.tex : the latex template file.
2) aspauthor.pdf: the pdf of the template
3) asp2010.sty: the style file
4) asp2010.bst: the biblographic style file
5) author.bib: bibliography file
6) manual2010_authors.pdf : the ASP instruction manual
7) copyrightform.pdf : the copyright form
8) permission.pdf : the permission to use previously published figures, to be signed and returned to us if applicable.
9) checklist.pdf : the check list to be completely fulfilled before submitting your contribution.
There is also an example:
2) up2010_fig1.eps and up2010_fig2.eps : 2 figures used in the template.
3) up2010_ref.bib : the bibliographic template file.
4) up2010_template.pdf: the lateXed template in pdf format.
PLEASE FOLLOW THE AUTHOR INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY AND DO NOT CHANGE THE MACROS OR ADD IN YOUR OWN DEFINITIONS OR LATEX PACKAGES (INCLUDING OLD ASP PACKAGES), ANY CHANGES WILL BE IGNORED WHEN COMPILING THE VOLUME!
Space management tools such as ?space commands will be removed, please don't use them.
Figures must be in .eps format with a resolution > 266 ppi (pixels per inch). Bear in mind that line diagrams must be of a suitably higher resolution (e.g., 800 ppi) to avoid pixelation.
Figures will appear in black & white, make sure to describe them appropriately in your captions.
Please use plotone or plottwo unless plotfiddle is absolutely necessary.
For those unfamiliar with BibTeX, the entries in BibTeX format to be included in your *.bib file can be obtained from the ADS.
To compile your article on the command line:
> latex up2010_template > bibtex up2010_template > latex up2010_template > latex up2010_template > dvips -Ppdf up2010_template.dvi > ps2pdf14 up2010_template.ps
Do not worry about missing the ncccropmark.sty and watermark.sty files.
You will need to run latex several times to generate the references and figure numbers.
Naming Your Files
1) Manuscript: lastname_firstinitial.tex
IMPORTANT: Please include the complete address *and phone number* where you would like your copy of the book mailed as a '%'-delimited comment at the beginning of your .tex file.
2) Figures: lastname_firstinitial_1.eps ... lastname_firstinital_n.eps.
While the e-book can be in color, the paper copies will be printed in black and white so please make sure that your figures can also be read in the print version.
3) Bibtex file: lastname_firstinitial.bib.
4) PDF version of the complete LaTeX'ed document: lastname_firstinitial.pdf.
Please proof-read your contribution thoroughly before submission. Your utmost care in following the guidelines is crucial if we are to meet our ambitious goal to deliver these proceedings to you in 6 months!
Upload your files to the conference website the same way presentation slides were uploaded:
1) from the browser go to
2) find your presentation. All posters are listed under Monday's schedule and are the green blocks. Talks are yellow blocks.
3) Click on your block, on the right hand side. You should see a box open.
4) Click on 'View Details'
5) Click on 'Add Materials'
6) Select 'Local File' radio button, disable Convert to PDF, then click on Browse button and select the files to upload
7) For Material type select Paper
8) Finally, click on Create Resource button at the bottom.