The 7th International Conference on Trapped Charged Particles and Fundamental Physics (TCP2018) will be held in Traverse City, Michigan from September 30 to October 5, 2018. This conference belongs to the series of conferences started in Lysekil (Sweden) in 1994, followed by conferences in Asilomar (USA, 1998), Wildbad Kreuth (Germany, 2002), Parksville on Vancouver Island (Canada, 2006), Saariselkä (Northern Finland, 2010), and Takamatsu (Japan, 2014). The conference in Traverse City will focus on recent developments and highlights in scientific fields using trapped charged particles with a particular emphasis on:
- Fundamental Interactions and Symmetries
- QED Effects
- Quantum State Manipulation and Quantum Information
- Precision Spectroscopy and Frequency Standards
- Highly Charged Ions in Traps
- Radioactive Isotopes in Traps
- Plasmas and Collective Behavior
- Storage Ring Physics
- Trapped Antimatter
- Applications of Charged Particle Trapping
Traverse City is located on the majestic shores of Lake Michigan’s Grand Traverse Bay. Traverse City and its vicinity are one of the most popular tourist attractions in Michigan. Scores of restaurants, boutiques, and galleries are not far from nice parks and the water. Within less than an hour drive, you’ll be able to experience miles of sugar-sand shoreline, which include the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore with historic lighthouses and coastal villages and the glacier-sculpted landscape of orchards and vineyards.
The conference will take place in the Park Place Hotel in Traverse City. Rooms have been reserved at a special rate in this hotel.
- Conference registration open - early registration deadline: September 16, 2018
- See links on this website for abstract submission and conference registration
- Preliminary Program is available