Paper Preparation Guidelines
Authors are advised to use the templates and in case of difficulties they should consult the JACOW electronic publication help pages . The templates contain styles which, when applied, will automatically ensure correct typesetting and layout.
Length of Contributions
Contributed papers for both oral and poster presentation may be up to 6 pages long.
See the template for a typical implementation of the requirements.
Manuscripts should be prepared for one side of the paper and have:
- Either A4 (21.0 cm x 29.7 cm; 8.27 in x 11.69 in) or US letter size (21.6 cm x 27.9 cm; 8.5in x 11.0 in)
- Single spaced text in two columns of 82.5 mm (3.25 in.) with 5. 3mm (0.2 in.) separation.
- The text located within the margins specified as follows to facilitate electronic processing of the postscript file.
The margins should be as follows:
Margin A4 paper US Letter paper
Left 20mm 20 mm
Right 20mm 26mm
Top 37mm 19mm
Bottom 19mm 19mm
Authors should use only Times or Times New Roman (in roman, bold or italic) and Symbol fonts. All contributions should use 10pt fonts for the normal text.
The title should use 14pt bold uppercase letters and be centred on the page.
The names of the authors and their organisation/affiliation and mailing address should be listed alphabetically in 10pt upper and lower case letters, grouped by affiliation. When there is more than one author, the submitting author's name should be given first, followed by the other names in alphabetical order.
Section headings should use 12pt bold uppercase letters and be centred in the column. They should NOT be numbered.
Widow and Orphan Control: All headings should appear next to the following text - there should never be a column break between a heading and the following paragraph.
Subsection headings should use 12pt italic letters, be left aligned and justified in the column. As for section headings, they should NOT be numbered.
Figures and Tables
Place figures and tables as close to the place of their mention as possible. Lettering in figures and tables should be large enough to reproduce clearly, using only the approved fonts. Use of non-approved fonts in figures often leads to problems when the files are processed and may even cause loss of information.
All figures and tables must be given sequential numbers (1, 2, 3, etc.) and have a caption placed below the figure or above the table being described.
If a displayed equation needs a number, place it flush with the right margin of the column.
All bibliographical references should be numbered and listed at the end of the paper in a section called "REFERENCES". When referring to a reference in the text, place the corresponding reference number in square brackets. See the template for a typical example.
Acronyms should be defined the first time they appear.
DO NOT have page numbers.
Authors are strongly advised to use the template corresponding to the correct version of WORD and not to transport the document across different platforms e.g. MAC <-> PC or across different versions of WORD on the same platform.
Paper preparation checklist
- Use only Times or Times New Roman (roman, bold or italic) and Symbol fonts (in the text and in the figures), 10 pt minimum.
- Check that the postscript file prints correctly.
- Check that there are no page numbers.
- Check that there are no section or sub-section numbers.
- Check that the margins are correct on the printed version (left 20mm (0.79in), bottom 19mm (0.75in), overall height of text 241mm (9.5in)). There may be differences of Â±1 mm on the margins from one printer to another.
- Check the size of the file - an average size should be <3 MBytes. PostScript files which are larger than 5 MBytes often cause problems and will almost certainly require modification. If the PostScript file for the paper falls into this category, please consult the JACoW recommendations for diagnosis and remedies for large files.
Poster Preparation Guidelines
Poster should be readable from 3 feet away. We shall supply the Velcro for the presenters to post their posters to our display boards. Tape, tacks or glue are NOT allowed to use hanging the poster on our boards.
- E size format which is 86.36 cm x 111.76 cm or 34 in x 44 in
- either Landscape or Portrait mode
- Abstract ID number is not required