A block of rooms has been reserved for workshop participants with the Argonne Guest House. Please make your reservation with the hotel directly. Reference "SMEFT workshop" for the room block. Cost of the room is $91.50 + 6% occupancy tax.
Reservations can be made by phone at (800) 632-8990 or online. When using the online form for reservation, please reference Ruthie Burns as your contact person, 630-252-6290.
Argonne Guest House
The Argonne Guest House is located on-site just a short walk to the meeting room.
Along with its convenient location, the Guest House offers:
- Free parking
- Non-smoking rooms
- Facilities for persons with disabilities
- Sundry shop
- On-site exercise facility
- High-speed computer network connections in all rooms (multiple connections in suites and dormitories)
- Cable TV channels, including APS status and Argonne seminars
- Direct free telephone connections to all Argonne telephones
- Guest-use laundry facilities
All standard-size rooms include:
- Dresser, chair, and king/queen-size bed or two twin beds
- Desk and chair
- Television with cable service including APS status and Argonne seminars
- Bathroom with tub or shower
- Standard hotel room amenities
- Telephone with free direct dial to Argonne extensions
- Modular jack for CAT-5 computer connection to APS and Argonne networks (standard equipment is 10-Mb Ethernet)
- Large windows with views of Argonne campus and nearby woods and wetlands
Guest House Restaurant
The Guest House restaurant is on the ground floor. Large windows make for a pleasant and open dining experience.
Guest House Restaurant Hours:
- Breakfast buffet: 6:45 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- Wait-service lunch: 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Wait-service dinner: 5:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday:
Breakfast: 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m